Categories of hosting services
A hosting service is related to stashing and/or sharing specific content on a server administered by a website hosting company. There are various varieties of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's have a peek at them. Thus, you can determine what you want, based on whether you wish to have a web page, email addresses, or to share files with buddies and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution offered by certain companies, which lets you share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole purpose is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a register of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free file hosting services are often supported by showing adverts by the download links, while a timer compels you to await a specific amount of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file hosting plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely unsuitable interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would distribute the workload between individual bunches of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various web page hosting services (email, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, web space hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a brand of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; specific firms offer a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting type is good if you want to share a large number of images with chums or associates since the solution is commonly free. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to administering your emails. Some providers offer web page hosting services for web pages, but do not offer an email hosting solution. If you wish to create an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to own a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can open email mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a specific amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video files and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have trouble with your web hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will allow you to operate as many video clips as you desire without worrying about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you need if you would like to keep a web site. To some extent, it embodies all of the abovementioned hosting groups since, along with your websites, you can also host pics and files, you can have databases and e-mail address accounts, upload videos, and so on. At Lonex, for instance, you can have a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated server hosting accounts that allow you to get all of the aforementioned solutions in a single location. There may be limits depending on the sort of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your webspace hosting account may be better or worse compared to the regular e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are planned for specific content solely.